Present Simple & Present Progressive; State and Action Verbs
1. ______ she __________ spaghetti for dinner tonight?
2. I _____ usually _______ (NOT GO) to school by bus.
am/ not going
3. Which of the two sentences has a non-action meaning?
The soup tastes good.
I'm tasting the soup to see if it is salty.
4. With now, at the moment, this week, these days we use ...
5. Find an action verb.
6. Which courses _____ you ______ (TAKE) this semester?
7. He always _____________ (READ) newspaper in the morning.
8. Which of the two sentences has an action meaning?
I have a new car.
I am having a lot of fun.
9. My brother ______ (NOT PLAY) football. He plays basketball.
10. With always, usually, sometimes, rarely, never we use ...
11. I ________ (WATCH) a very interesting TV show these days.
12. What _____ you _______ (THINK) about my new apartment?
13. Where _____ he _______(LIVE)?
14. Which of the non action verbs can be used with present progressive?
15. Who ______________ (SING) in the room now? John and Emma.
16. Emma ________ (WANT) new shoes.
17. France _______ (NOT HAVE) a king. It's a republic.
18. Find a non-action verb.
19. What ______ you ______ (DO) right now?
20. My sister never _______________ (MISS) her classes.