Past Simple – Past Continuous
1. Miranda drove/was driving to work when she saw/was seeing the accident.
was driving.was seeing
2. Who was that nice girl you talked / were talking to when I walked / was walking by the pub?
were talking/was walking
3. Ann finally told / was telling us the whole story about Peter.
4. Last weekend Susan fell / was falling and broke/ was breaking her leg.
was falling/was breaking
5. When I entered / was entering the cafeteria Mary had / was having lunch with Peter.
was entering/was having
6. Anthony called/was calling while I parked/was parking the car.
was calling/was parking
7. The sun shone / was shining brightly when I got up / was getting up this morning.
was shining/was getting up
was shining/got up
8. We drove/ were driving to Berlin in Robert´s new car.
9. Mary prepared / was preparing lunch when they came / was coming.
was preparing/was coming
10. Tom was very unlucky. It rained / was raining every day during his holidays.